If you have COVID-19 コロナ陽性が判明した方へ
What to do after being tested positive for COVID-19 陽性が判明したら
Flow from receiving a COVID-19 result to termination of medical treatment
1) You will be notified of the result by the medical institution where you were tested or consulted.
- The medical institution where you were examined will contact you with the results of the examination.
- If the doctor diagnoses you as having COVID-19, the medical institution will submit a notification to the public health center.
2) You will receive a short message (SMS) from Chiba Prefecture
Please be sure to check the information which we ask you for your self-isolation and home treatment.
*If you do not receive an SMS more than two days after the test, please contact the public health center of your area, as a landline phone or an incorrect number may have been registered.
3) You will receive an SMS requesting registration for My HER-SYS and a 7- to 8-digit ID
Those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 will receive an SMS from the public health center requesting registration for My HER-SYS, a system for monitoring the daily health status of the COVID-19 patients.
By registering for My HER-SYS, daily health status reports can be easily entered using a smartphone, and the contents of one's past reports can be checked to keep track of one's physical condition.
- Click here to register for My HER-SYS
(You will need your HER-SYS ID, which you will receive from the health center via SMS）
4) Things to keep in mind during treatment
- Please help us monitor your health with My HER-SYS.
- Online health consultation with a physician (as described in the SMS) is available free of charge for 14 days.
- If symptoms worsen, please contact the telephone consultation service provided in the SMS or COVID-19 telephone consultation service (0570-200-139).
- If symptoms suddenly become severe, call for an ambulance (dial 119) and tell them that you are a COVID-19 patient.
- Please also see the next chapter for the precautions you can take after being tested COVID-19 positive.
5) Decide on the location of your treatment
Based on the health condition and other factors, we will arrange the place of treatment and hospitalization for the patient.
- ■ Treatment at your home
- - MHLW Leaflet - Home (Japanese)
- - Shopping support on behalf of those self-isolating at home
- ■ Treatment at a hotel, etc.
- - Chiba Prefecture page - Hotel (Japanese)
6) End of treatment
The criteria for termination of treatment and discharge of persons infected with COVID-19 infection are as shown in the link below.
Please note that health centers do not conduct "tests to confirm negative results" at the time of termination of medical treatment.
- ■ Criteria for termination of treatment and discharge (Japanese)
- ■ Regarding a document certifying medical treatment
Please take precautions to prevent spread of the infection 感染拡大を防ぐ行動を
Self-isolation, masking, and avoiding contact with people who are at high risk of getting very sick 隔離療養、マスクの着用、重症者リスクの高い方との接触を避ける
If your family has COVID-19 ご家族が陽性者になった場合
Shopping support on behalf of those under treatment at home 自宅療養者への買い物代行支援
The city of Matsudo provide shopping support for those who are being treated at home due to the COVID-19 infection and who need groceries and daily necessities.
The cost of the purchase is to be borne by the patient.
For details, please refer to the page dedicated to “Shopping support on behalf of those under medical treatment at home” (Japanese).
Documents certifying medical treatment 療養証明書について
If you need a document to certify the start date of home medical treatment in order to claim hospitalization benefits from an insurance company's medical insurance, etc, it can now be indicated and certified in My-HERSYS as proof of medical treatment. (If the period of home treatment is within the criteria for termination of treatment set by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare)
Please access My-HERSYS (https://www.cov19.mhlw.go.jp/) and follow the instruction below to issue the certificate
下記の手順に従い、My-HERSYS (https://www.cov19.mhlw.go.jp/) から発行してください。